Day 517. Monday, for a lot of people, is the most horrible day of the week. Of course, when you don’t love your work it can be, but if you love what you do, it’s just another day. The truth is sometimes we just do not feel the motivation to start the day. So whatever day you are on when you do feel motivated, here are 7 simple tricks to get motivation kicking.
- Listen to music. The music you like, the tune that will make you smile. Whatever it is, put your earplugs and pump up the volume. You will get a nice shot of dopamine.
- Go for a run. If you do not run, do your preferred « sweating » activity. It will free some endorphins, the neuro transmitter that gets released after an orgasm. Worth some drops of sweat.
- Have breakfast with your loved ones. This will increase the production of oxytocin, the love hormone. Nothing comes close to spending quality time with people you truly love.
- Listen to a motivational speech. This may sound artificial, but listening to a truly good motivational speaker will switch your mood almost instantly.
- Meditate for fifteen minutes. Meditation may not be your cup-of-tea, but give it a real try. Find a nice place, put on some relaxation music, breath and let the flow begins. Always a nice surprise for stressed people.
- Show gratitude. When you arrive to your office, say thank you to three people for something they did for you in the last ten days. You’ll be amazed by the power of these little two words.
- Smile. If you cannot make it, fake it! A smile is proven to have an effect on our own mood. After smiling for a while, you will feel this smile sink into you.
Motivation is a strange animal. Sometimes it’s there, sometimes not. One or many of the above tips will trick your body in a positive way and will help you getting the motivation back. And do not forget to treat you once you’ve made something valuable you planned.